As I type this my hands are shaking, just because this is HUGE. I mean we have committed to either give our child a wonderful name, or ruin her life! I think Loralei is a beautiful name and it has always been my #1 girls name. Where did we get it? Well I used to be a huge fan of the Gilmore Girls, and that was the name of the main character on that show. To be honest this was NOT a good selling point when this name first came up with Dave. He did everything BUT entertain the idea of using this name because of the pop-culture reference. After MUCH debate, we BOTH decided it was a perfect fit!
What does Loralei mean? Or are you even pronouncing it right? It is pronounced (lora-lie) and of German decent. The meaning is "a mermaid who lured wary fisherman to their death by singing the most beautiful song they had ever heard." Ok, so the first part of that isn't so glamorous, but the 2nd part is beautiful.
Where did we get Louise? Louise was my paternal Grandmothers name. I lost her to cancer when I was 5. She was my babysitter, and best friend, and I have always wanted to name a child after her, if I ever had a girl. It is nice to carry such a special person on in name through my child. I know she would be honored.
So, that's it we have a name! Get out your monogram needles and go to town! LOL
I do have one teeny tiny request....Even if you dislike this name, and think we have lost our minds. Please refrain, my hormones can't take it! LOL

On a sweet note have you seen THIS COMMERCIAL? Get the tissue ready, I am so glad to give my parents a grandchild!
No comments:
Post a Comment