Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Flu Boo!

The Flu was here, and it better not come back if it knows what is good for it!  Last week I received a call that lulu woke up from her nap with a fever and a glassy look in her eye.  Like any mommy I broke all speed limit laws to get to my baby as fast as I could. When I arrived at Goddard she was sitting in the office peaking out the window for me. It was so, so, so sad. :(    

Poor baby, something was NOT right. 
By the time we got home, and out of the car we had our first vomit episode.  This was our FIRST vomit episode ever, EVER, and she and I were equally freaked out.  I reassured her everything was OK, cleaned us both up, and got her all set up on the couch with the ipad, and a "bucket."   This mommy MD was sure we had a stomach bug.  

pitiful angel

Before bed she asked for a "tent" so we erected a tent on a palate in the bonus room (on top of trash bags, just in case).  Daddy took the couch/toddler watch and it was an overall an uneventful night.  I thought we have BEAT this 24hr bug.  Not so fast mommy......


Thursday morning she looked like this, and things just got more pitiful.  My mommy intuition shifted to flu.  Her pukey symptoms had disappeared, but her fever, lethargic wee body was an indicator something else was brewing.  I called the pediatrician and made an appointment. 


Note: in true diva form she requested to wear a dress, boots and coat to the doctor.  Who am I to argue with a sick little diva. LOL 

Sleeping on baby sissy while waiting on Dr. White to check us out. 
Dr. White confirmed my fears, we have the flu. :(  She was pitiful for the next 24 hours or so. She did a lot of resting, and sleeping like a sick cherub.  


On Friday she woke us up at 6am to say she was sooooooo hungry.  So I asked her what she wanted she said "eggs, toast, and yogurt"  so I complied and made my baby breakfast before the sun came up.  She nibbled a few bites, and her color and disposition kept improving as the day went on. 

mmmmmmmmm yogurt
off the "sick couch" on to the play couch with mini
By Sunday night we were healed. Back to riding "horses" and engaging in light saber fights.  Goodbye flu. Take a hike, and DON'T COME BACK!  



No comments:

Post a Comment